Tuesday, May 6, 2014

FHE Lessons from the Gospel Principles Manual

Several years ago I went to BYU Education Week and took classes from Randall Wright about finding and achieving your mission in life. During the class he talked about goals. I'd never been big on goals, but he said something that clicked inside of me and suddenly I was greatly interested in making them.  He asked us to create a list of goals - not goals we made for ourselves, but to ask Heavenly Father what goals we should have.  Little by little, that list has grown for me and I've accomplished several of them.

One of my goals was to create Family Home Evening lessons from the Gospel Principles manual.  A couple of weeks ago I was called to be a ward missionary.  I've been thinking and praying about what I should be doing in this calling. One morning the Spirit whispered that it was now time to work on this goal.  Each week in Gospel Essentials class we go over a lesson in the Gospel Principles manual.  My hope is to create a FHE lesson that goes along with the lesson being taught in my ward that week.  

I've just finished the 1st lesson and was surprised how easy it was to make a FHE lesson to go with it.  The lessons are simple and easily adaptable to having them for FHE.  Basically, I am just adding the activities, songs, treats, pictures etc. to go along with the lesson as it is written in the manual. 

I will post the lesson on this blog and then post links to a pdf version of the lesson. Occasionally I may post other things that relate to Family Home Evening or Gospel Principles.  Hope it helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment